Our years of experience and innovative technologies allow us to provide a wide range of engineering services that will meet your needs and exceed your expectations. We are committed to achieving customer intimacy and will work hard to understand your needs and deliver solutions you value.
Plastic Molding Manufacturing and Its Benefits
Plastic molding manufacturing is creating various shapes and sizes of objects using plastic. This can be done through different methods, such as injection molding, plastic extrusions, blow molding, or thermoforming.
According to High Tech Guide, molding is the process of shaping a liquid or malleable raw material using a frame. The material is placed into the frame, which gives it the desired shape. After the molding process is complete, the object will retain its new form.
The top advantages of plastic molding manufacturing are that it is:
- Less expensive than other methods, such as metal casting
- Can create complex shapes
- Quick and easy to set up
- Lightweight products
- No need for finishing, as the plastic can be molded into the desired shape.
What is Injection Molding?
Plastic injection molding is the process of creating three-dimensional shapes using plastic. In this process, molten plastic is injected into a mold and cooled until it solidifies. It is a quick and cost-effective technique for creating intricate forms.
Our different materials used to make molds include various types of steel. The choice of material depends on the application and the desired properties of the final product.
Britannica states that plastic components must be cooled before being removed from the mold during the casting process to avoid damage. The mold must also be designed to remove the part quickly.
There are different types of custom injection molding, each with its benefits. Some of the most popular types include:
- Blow molding: This molding is used to create hollow objects, such as bottles or containers. In this process, molten plastic is injected into a mold and then blown with air to expand the plastic and fill the mold.
- Extrusion molding: This molding is used to create long, thin objects, such as pipes or tubing. In this process, molten plastic is forced through a die (a metal plate with a hole) to create the desired shape.
- Thermoforming: This type of molding is used to create complex shapes from thin plastic sheets. In this process, a plastic sheet is heated until it is soft and placed over a mold. The mold is then cooled, causing the plastic to harden and take on the shape of the mold.
With so many different types available, there is sure to be a method that meets your specific needs.
Injection mold machines create complex shapes from plastic in a quick and efficient way. It is also less expensive than other methods, such as metal casting. In addition, it does not require the finishing that other methods may need. This makes it an excellent choice for products that need to be lightweight and have intricate designs.
Injection Molding Services from Nicolet Plastics
Our injection molders are committed to producing high-quality, low-cost plastic parts with excellent design and function. Through a creation for manufacture approach, we leverage years of injection molding plastics experience to support the initial design criteria while suggesting modifications.
We offer the following services:
- Custom Plastic Injection Molding. We offer custom plastic molding services to meet your specific needs and requirements. You can add appeal or functionality to your brand by selecting more than 200 materials, commodities, and engineering resins. We’ll also assist you in finding cheaper substitute materials.
- Tooling and Prototype Support. We can provide the support you need to create a prototype or tooling for your project. We also schedule maintenance on your device to keep it in good working condition. We use high-quality parts that don’t require tooling.
- Additive Manufacturing. We provide design customization or complicated product designs, and you can select from engineering-grade materials.
- Design for Manufacturability. We offer design for manufacturability services to help you create a product that can be quickly and affordably manufactured. We’ll try to
- Insert Molding. This process is where inserts are placed into the mold before injection. Insert molding is a cost-effective and efficient production technique that produces reliable parts with precise tolerances. This ensures that each component is sturdy and long-lasting with minimal dimensional changes. Insert molding is both quick and user-friendly.save money by getting rid of unnecessary complexity and secondary finishing operations. We’ll also offer comprehensive value-added services.
- Metal to Plastic. We can convert your metal parts to plastic. You can save money on materials, speed up the production process, and minimize scrap by customizing the mechanical and resistance qualities of over 25,000 types of plastic
- Post Molding and Assembly Operations. We offer post molding and assembly operations, such as ultrasonic welding, hot plate welding, and more. We also decorate, print on pads, label, and do the manual and automated assembly.
We also offer low-cost, high-quality production with quick turnaround times. To get started with plastic molding manufacturing, all you need is a design or an idea of what you would like your final product to look like.
Once you have that, the process is relatively simple and doesn’t require much time or money to start. However, it’s always a good idea to consult a professional to ensure that your final product turns out exactly as you envisioned it.
We're passionate about making your product development process easier
Nicolet Plastics is a full-service plastic injection mold manufacturer dedicated to providing high-quality parts and products to our customers. We offer a wide range of engineering services that can be customized to meet your specific needs and requirements.
- Product Development Engineering. Our engineers will go through each component, from packaging to the last detail on your device, to determine if it’s manufacturable. We’ll prevent you from making costly mistakes when it comes to manufacturing and defects.
- Project Management (PM) SmartSheet. All successful product launches require good communication. We use Smartsheet to provide a real-time view of activities throughout the process, making managing changes and project management more effortless.
- Adding Value to Your Product Development. At the beginning of new tool construction, we provide design consultation to accommodate your specific demands and carry out mold flow analysis to guarantee a trouble-free product launch.
We also value-added services that allow you to cut costs and provide free injection molded plastic training through Nicolet Plastics University. We’re committed to achieving customer intimacy and will work diligently to understand your needs and deliver solutions.
Our expert team has over 20 years of experience in plastic injection molds. Contact us today if you’re looking for a partner that can take your product from concept to reality. We would be happy to discuss your specific needs and requirements.
Injection Molding Services
We leverage years of injection molding expertise to support the initial design requirements and recommend improvements through a design for manufacture process. After the part is approved, we’ll ensure the proper tool design and manufacturing process to produce repeatable quality parts every time.
Nicolet Plastics offers insert molding to help enhance your part’s strength and durability, increasing its number of uses.
Custom Plastic Injection Molding
Nicolet Plastics offers custom plastic injection molding based on scientific molding principles.
Tooling & Prototype Support
We’ll assist with the design, sourcing, and inspecting of a tool to precisely fit your needs. All tools receive routine preventive maintenance.
Design For Manufacturability
Design for manufacturability (DFM) is a critical early stage in the development process to ensure repeat quality at the lowest cost.
Metal to Plastic
Read about the many benefits of converting metal parts to plastic molded parts.
Post Molding and Assembly Operations
With our value added services, you can reduce labor and overhead, SKUs, and consolidate vendors. Spend more time doing what your company does best!
Nicolet Plastics is a Carbon 3D Production Partner which provides on-demand manufacturing and tool-free design flexibility and speed.